Monday, June 28, 2010

S.I.C. Vol. 48 Kamen Rider Gaoh & Kintaros Imagin Part 6

The fur! The fur!

Introducing Kintaros Imagin from the bundle set of S.I.C. Vol. 48.

Size-wise, Kintaros Imagin is bigger than Kamen Rider Gaoh, which is a natural design in my opinion. Kintaros Imagin is supposed to be the strongest in terms of strength among the 5 Imagins (Sieg included). His size is pretty obvious to see from the TV series.
















This S.I.C. figure of Kintaros Imagin really captures his spirit from the show I believe. Various parts are painted in gradient shades, which is really lovely to see. ^^ The shoulder and thigh armors are made of clear yellow material with, again, very beautiful gradient paint scheme of orange and gold.

Another feature I like about Kintaros Imagin is his jacket. I always feel that he looks like a biker (without a bike that is) from the TV series, and to my delight, the S.I.C. version reinforce that image by putting on tiny sewing marks on the edge of the emblem patches in front and behind his jacket. Thanks to such details, it's not hard to feel the thickness of the jacket and link the design to a bikers jacket.

And of course, the fur on the collar and on the back of the forearms is pretty amazing as well. I used to worry about it dropping off and causing a mess, but nope, the fur doesn't come off even if you try to pull it off. I have no idea what material or adhesive the manufacturer used, but it's very effective. ^^ As you can see from some of the images above, there's a little bit of yellow sprayed onto the top of the fur as well. Not much, but clearly visible. That's another bonus design feature of this figure in my opinion. ^^

Will be looking at the articulation design of Kintaros Imagin in the next posting.

No comments: