Sunday, February 13, 2011

New & Reissued Revoltechs Get

Lots of gears

It's Revoltech fever for me at the moment. ^^ Three recent and reissued releases just came in.


Sci-fi Revoltech Skeleton Army, Revoltech Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Gurren Lagann.




For Sci-fi Revoltech Skeleton Army, I really like the movie where this character comes from - "Jason and the Argonauts" (1963). It's one of those wonderful movies of fantasy and myth I watched as a kid and still enjoy today. Then again, among all the creatures presented in that movie, I never expected the somewhat generic Skeleton Army to be chosen for the release. Before the confirmation on the details of this figure, I always thought that it was going to be based upon its wacky "descendants" (based on movie release year) from "Army of Darkness" (1992) XD Anyhow, it's still an awesome entry in this series. I like the very realistic paint job done on the character, and the details on the shield are exceptional. ^^

For those who are interested, the "second" version of Sci-fi Revoltech Skeleton Army will be released in late April at 2,850 Yen (inclusive of tax). The two shields will have new pattern design.

Revoltech Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Gurren Lagann are two more missed stuff from the past recovered thanks to Kaiyodo's decision to reissued them not too long ago. It's totally for me when I received them.

More Revoltech goodness coming soon. ^^

2 comments:

Q said...

Haha the skeletons are truly awesome I gotta say; they have great potentials to be role played in a lot of situations XD

I still need to find time to review mine though; he's a bit fragile I gotta say, and no "clicky" Revol Joints which would be great if they are used on him.

You may review it sooner than me, so I look forward to your view on him!

Unknown said...

THAT'S how I felt when I got mine. Mine came in the mail on monday. I only need enkidu and enkidudu to complete the set now. Congratulations on the Gurren Lagann GEEETTTTOOO!!!>.<!!!