Monday, July 4, 2011

My Pick on MG the Best Part 2

Seeing the best in something I do not want to buy

Moving on to the Top 10 of my "MG the Best" in this posting: ^^

[No. 10] Destiny Gundam - Released in October 2007, 5,040 Yen (inclusive of tax).



[No. 9] Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise - Released in October 2009, 5,040 Yen (inclusive of tax).



[No. 8] Sazabi - Released in July 2007, 8,400 Yen (inclusive of tax).



[No. 7] Zeta Gundam Ver. 2.0 - Released in December 2005, 5,250 Yen (inclusive of tax).



[No. 6] Sinanju Ver. Ka - Released in December 2008, 7,350 Yen (inclusive of tax).



[No. 5] Char's Zaku II Ver. 2.0 - Released in May 2007, 3,675 Yen (inclusive of tax).



[No. 4] Acguy - Released in July 2005, 4,200 Yen (inclusive of tax).



[No. 3] Guntank - Released in September 2009, 5,040 Yen (inclusive of tax).



[No. 2] Turn A Gundam - Released in August 2007, 3,990 Yen (inclusive of tax).



[No. 1] Gundam RX-78-2 Ver. 2.0 - Released in July 2008, 4,410 Yen (inclusive of tax).



Besides Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise at No. 9, all the Top 3 kits are actually the ones I have no intention of buying. ^^; As model kits, they are of very good designs, I do acknowledge that, but I just don't like them, as simple as that. ^^;

If appearance is the only considering factor, I would send all Zeon MSs to the top of the entire list for their mono-eye fierceness, including those really old Zaku Ver. 1.0 variations, whereas Gundam RX-78-2 Ver. 2.0 and Guntank would be outside No. 100, XD Sometimes I buy my kits based on their appearance, which is why I like all those Zeon releases. However, when a whole range of criteria is considered, I do recognize the goodness of those kits I put in my Top 3, for example Guntank's linked movement for the forearm cannon; Turn A Gundam's very human-like action poses and Gundam RX-78-2 Ver. 2.0's crazy shoulder joint design. Those are not the only things of course, there are many other good features in them that I like very much, perhaps to some degree, even more so than some of the ones I own. That's why they are in my list ^^

Turn A Gundam is probably the most "complicated" of all cases for me. ^^; I don't like the design of the Gundam, but I enjoy the anime series very much, especially the music and world setting; even though I dislike the Gundam, I really like the Master Grade release of it; yet, even though I like the model kit, I have no intention of buying it.

My friend's comment when I said the same thing to him would probably be accurate to summarize many people's thought I think:

"我不明白你讲什么。" ("I don't know what you're talking about.")

Well... ^^;

Images of Master Grade kits are from Hobby Search:
Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise, Destiny Gundam, Sazabi, Zeta Gundam Ver. 2.0, Turn A Gundam, Guntank, Sinanju Ver. Ka, Char's Zaku II Ver. 2.0, Acguy, Gundam RX-78-2 Ver. 2.0.

3 comments:

Joe said...

I understand exactly what you mean about the top 3 kits. The engineering is amazing, the details and articulations are very impressive, all three of them really bring their anime counterparts to life in a very accurate way. The inner frame of the Gundam 2.0 is truely astounding! But if you're just not into the design, there's not reason to buy it. NK, I admire you for being able to look past your person biased against those deisgns to rank them as you did.

Gundam Gunso said...

I am with you in regards to Turn A's story line and music. I enjoy the series very much. Just that a bit put off by the Gundam's design...

LEon said...

Your choice is close to mine. Although I would have to put in gun cannon in that list tho. Why? Cos I am old school and believe me, 10 years later if MG re-release guntank, Gun cannon and RX78-2. People will still buy it. I know I would.