Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Robot Chogokin Alteisen Part 5 [Final]

The practical issue of awesomeness versus action poses

Super Robot Chogokin Alteisen returns in this last posting of its review series with another round of action poses after Part 4. ^^


With support using Soul Stage Act 5 Action Support Type for Mechanics Clear Ver.











































As awesome as Alteisen is in terms of its look and articulation design on this figure, the absence of handheld weapon and lack of option parts cause me to run out of idea on how to pose the figure very quickly, which is quite an anticlimactic turn of events after talking about its awesomeness in so many areas before this final posting. ^^;

On the other hand, I guess a plain standing pose for Alteisen as shown back in Part 2 is already enough for me to appreciate it as a great mecha design and a good-looking figure to have. All the action poses are more about playability, which is one of the many reasons why I acquire it in the first place. The really nice heavy Chogokin feel of the figure which I absolutely adore is very difficult to convey through its action poses as well.

A comparison with a few other action figures and Gunplas in my collection to get an idea of Super Robot Chogokin Alteisen's size:



With Robot Damashii [Side MS] Gundam Exia.


With 1/100 scale Gundam Astray Red Frame.


With HG 1/144 GM Sniper.
The first former appearance by this really old Gunpla kit of mine on this blog I believe. ^^


With Revoltech Fraulein Yoko Movie Ver. and Mari Illustrious Makinami.

For reasons stated above, this is a tremendous action figure which I really love. ^^ As the first release from Super Robot Chogokin in my collection, it raised my perception of the series more than my original thought about it as discussed back in Part 1 too. I certainly hope that more mecha that I like would get a spot on the list of release. ^^

But hopefully they don't come out as a whole combined wave and kill my wallet. XD

All reviews on Super Robot Chogokin Alteisen:
Part 1: The not-so-big red machine
Part 2: Stranding still just like that is already enough
Part 3: Can't move it? Extend it
Part 4: This Revolving Stake of mine glows with an awesome power!
Part 5 [Final]: The practical issue of awesomeness versus action poses

View full gallery:
Super Robot Chogokin Alteisen

No comments: